Below is an outline of the recycling process with numbered images to reference with each step
- Trucks weigh in with “speed pass” technology.
- Trucks tip loads onto plant floor
- Excavator lifts waste material on to finger screener feed belt
- Items run through initial screens
- Small items (8″ and less) fall through screens, metal is extracted via magnet, then sent to the de-stoner for mechanical removal of aggregate
- 8″ and larger items move to manual sorting line
- These larger items are sorted then dropped into the appropriate bunkers.
- Items are organized before removal from facility